The Logitech 3D HeadTracker is typically mounted into HMD's (head mounted displays) or into eyewear for Virtual Reality and Simulation.
The Tracker plugs into your serial port and delivers 3 dimensional, 6 degrees of freedom (x, y, z, pitch, yaw, roll) control. Up to four HeadTrackers can be connected together to act simultaneously in VR or Simulation applications.
Ultrasonic technology eliminates metal or display interference.
The Logitech Head Tracker consists of a transmitter, helmet-mountable receiver and control box. The transmitter contains 3 speakers which emit ultrasonic signals and the receiver contains 3 miniature microphones to sense these signals. The transmitter and receiver communicate along a line of sight, facing each other. Both devices contain mounting holes to facilitate mounting in a wide variety of configurations. A control box is connected to both devices and determines the position of the receiver based on the timing of the microphone signals. Driver Software Head Tracker is shipped with driver software for PC and SGI platforms.
• 6 degrees of freedom
• 3D and 2D modes
• Ultrasonic Technology
• High level of ruggedness
• PC and Unix compatibility
• 250 dpi resolution/ 3D mode
• 400 dpi resolution/ 2D mode
• Baud rate: 19,200/ 3D mode
• Baud rate: 1200/ 2D mode
• Update Rate: 50 reports/sec
• Tracking Speed: 30 inches/sec
• Tracking Space: 5 ft. long, 100 degree cone
• Host Interface: RS-232 serial, 9 or 25 pin connector
• Power Supply: external 115VAC (230VAC available)
• Mount with HMDs for VR Simulation
• Ultrasonic Technology eliminates metal or display interference
• Includes transmitter, head-mountable receiver, control box, and driver software